I have attached a gdb log, with my comments in [[ ]], along with a simple Python file that triggers this bug. I have also attached the informational output of "emacs-report-bug", which I should have provided initially. (Sorry about that). The recent keystrokes are probably irrelevant there, since they are from a different run (I couldn't wake emacs back up after it hung.) Thanks for your help with this, and most of all, thanks for emacs! Cheers, Mike On 9/8/07, Richard Stallman wrote: > The entire emacs process becomes unresponsive to keystrokes and mouse > events. Is there something else I should try? > > This seems to imply a fundamental Emacs bug. > > Please try this: run Emacs under GDB, reproduce the bug, then stop > Emacs by typing C-z at the terminal where GDB is running. Then follow > the advice in etc/DEBUG about what to do when Emacs is looping. > > I also asked people to look at Dave's patch and maybe install it. > But I suspect there are two separate bugs here, and it would be good > to fix both. > > -- Michael Droettboom http://www.droettboom.com/