On Jul 23, 2012, at 12:16 AM, Paul Michael Reilly wrote: > On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > NS port is ugly, and has problems with C-g, font rendering, modifier keys, > > multiprocessing, networking. > > None of that is inherent, i.e. it can all be fixed without having to use > a different API. So we need to someone to step up to the plate and > provide patches. > > First, I think someone needs to step up to the plate and prove the allegations. There have been a few of us, at least, who have spoken up that these behaviors do not occur for us. So I'm guessing the problem lies in how the binary is built and/or tested. What would it take to "prove" to you that, for example, flyspell is painfully slow? I'd be happy to provide profiling information or something if that would convince you. I have built from bzr for several years now with just `--with-ns`. -Ivan