all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* global-bind a function key
@ 2013-02-20  8:29 Glen Stark
From: Glen Stark @ 2013-02-20  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi.

I feel like this should be really simple but I'm having a hard time
anyway.

I'm using emacs 24.2.1

Following the instructions here: http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/emacs/
emacs_497.html

I have the following line in my .emacs file:

	(global-set-key [f5] 'convert-include-type)

(convert-include-type is a function of my own definition).

If I evaluate the above lisp expression I get no errors, but pressing the
F5 key produces the message "<SunOpen> is undefined", which is apparently
the default keybinding for F5.

If I run "global-set-key, f5, convert-include-type" from the minibuffer,
everything works as expected.

I tried a couple other syntaxes for keybinding an f5 key that I found on
the web, but so far I have had no luck.  Can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Glen