all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Could things in modeline align right?
@ 2010-08-28  1:15 Wang Lei
From: Wang Lei @ 2010-08-28  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

AFAIK, things in modeline always align left. So if the buffername, or
something other, is long enough, the major mode at its right will be
pushed out. Is there a way to make the major mode thing always stay at
the rightest of the modeline? And the things too long be truncated.

--
Regards,
Lei

* Re: Could things in modeline align right?
@ 2010-08-28  3:13 ` Glauber Alex Dias Prado
From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado @ 2010-08-28  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Wang Lei; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Wang Lei <f3d27b@gmail.com> writes:

> AFAIK, things in modeline always align left. So if the buffername, or
> something other, is long enough, the major mode at its right will be
> pushed out. Is there a way to make the major mode thing always stay at
> the rightest of the modeline? And the things too long be truncated.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Lei
Truncating is a nice idea, what im using right now is a very small face
on mode-line so i can see everything and it also dont take a lot of
space on my screen.

cheers,
glauber.

* Re: Could things in modeline align right?
@ 2010-08-28  8:20 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-08-28  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Wang Lei; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.08.2010 um 03:15 schrieb Wang Lei:

> Is there a way to make the major mode thing always stay at
> the rightest of the modeline?

Check the documentation of mode-line-format! It will have a hyper-link
to the customisation interface. (Though to me it looks as if it could
be improved.)

--
Greetings

              ~  O