all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs does not scroll on Mac OS X
@ 2003-09-01 13:52 Michael Tüxen
From: Michael Tüxen @ 2003-09-01 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I'm using Emacs on Mac OS X (built from the CVS).
After loading a long file I can scroll through the
file by clicking on the slider and moving it. But
clicking on the little arrows on the right lower
edge and holding the mouse down does not scroll
through the doc. It displays only
vertical-scroll-bar down-mouse-1
and when I stop holding it down mouse-1 is
appended.

Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

Best regards
Michael

* Re: Emacs does not scroll on Mac OS X
       [not found] <mailman.1378.1062425274.29551.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-09-01 15:45 ` Andrew Choi
From: Andrew Choi @ 2003-09-01 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@micmac.franken.de> writes:

> I'm using Emacs on Mac OS X (built from the CVS).  After loading a
> long file I can scroll through the file by clicking on the slider and
> moving it. But clicking on the little arrows on the right lower edge
> and holding the mouse down does not scroll through the doc. It
> displays only vertical-scroll-bar down-mouse-1 and when I stop holding
> it down mouse-1 is appended.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

It is a bug now.  It was an attempt to auto-repeat mouse events in the
scroll bar, which used to work.  Perhaps it's better to do without the
auto-repeat:

(defun mac-handle-scroll-bar-event (event)
  "Handle scroll bar EVENT on Mac OS."
  (interactive "e")
  (let* ((position (event-start event))
         (window (nth 0 position))