all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Running ispell
@ 2007-06-25 20:58 Alberto Simões
       [not found] ` <mailman.2619.1182807516.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Alberto Simões @ 2007-06-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

Hi

I am trying to configure ispell, but when I run M-$ I get the default
usage message from ispell.

I can't find in the customization entries anything that might be wrong.
How can I check the command that is really being issued, so I can debug
this problem?

Thank you
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal

* Re: Running ispell
@ 2007-06-25 21:38 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.2619.1182807516.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-06-25 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: albie; +Cc: emacs

Am 25.06.2007 um 22:58 schrieb Alberto Simões:

> I am trying to configure ispell, but when I run M-$ I get the
> default usage message from ispell.

Options menu -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Group..., type isp TAB or
ispell RET – ready. Apply or save your changes.

> How can I check the command that is really being issued, so I can
> debug this problem?

In *shell* buffer: ps -augwwwx | grep -v grep | egrep '^USER|spell'

or in another shell: pstree -w -p <emacs pid>; <emacs pid> can be
determined in *shell* buffer with 'echo $$' (close match) or (exact):
pstree -w -p $$.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If
it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.

* Re: Running ispell
       [not found] ` <mailman.2619.1182807516.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-06-26  8:50   ` David R
From: David R @ 2007-06-26  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 25.06.2007 um 22:58 schrieb Alberto Simões:
>
>> I am trying to configure ispell, but when I run M-$ I get the default
>> usage message from ispell.
>
> Options menu -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Group..., type isp TAB or
> ispell RET – ready. Apply or save your changes.
>

>> How can I check the command that is really being issued, so I can
>> debug this problem?
>>

> In *shell* buffer: ps -augwwwx | grep -v grep | egrep '^USER|spell'
>
> or in another shell: pstree -w -p <emacs pid>; <emacs pid> can be
> determined in *shell* buffer with 'echo $$' (close match) or (exact):
> pstree -w -p $$.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If it
> isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.

ps on cygwin just lists two processes, bash and the ps
emacs is being run in this case as a win32 patched version in c:\program
files
I had similar problems a week ago.
I got aspell which is invoked at each ispell command automatically.

David R

* Re: Running ispell
@ 2007-06-26 10:10     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-06-26 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David R; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 26.06.2007 um 10:50 schrieb David R:

> ps on cygwin just lists two processes, bash and the ps

I wasn't writing upon simulations.

--
Greetings

   Pete