On May 26, 2009, at 8:46 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote: >> Rather than providing hooks so that the user can be trapped by the >> problem, diagnose it, find the hooks, and come up with the right lisp >> code (most users actually don't speak lisp) to fix it, why not turn >> off line-move-visual (and anything else of the "do what I mean" >> variety) during macro recording and playback? That would lead to >> consistent and predictable behavior. > > The mechanism for this could be in the form of a preloaded hook, > right? Yes, sounds like a good idea. That way it can be turned off / tinkered with. We should, however, take care to restore the previous value in case an error is signaled during Macro execution.