all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ido only shows one file in directory
@ 2011-03-12 19:32 MarkS.
       [not found] ` <mailman.7.1299960196.9013.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: MarkS. @ 2011-03-12 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm sure this is something obvious, but the documentation doesn't
mention it.

I'm trying to see a listing of files in a directory using IDO where
there are several .org and .txt files. But IDO only shows me ONE of
the files. I have to switch off IDO and view it with dired to see
what's really there.

It must have something to do with history, but I can't imagine what.
I've deleted the ido files in my home directory and restarted EMACS.
Still no joy. In other directories, I can see all the files with IDO,
so I don't know what's so special about this one.

What do I have to do to get IDO to show everything?

Thanks!
Mark

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 on Win XP