Yes, read the help sections on regular expression search and replace. You can "capture" the text between the {}'s and keep it without losing it (read up on submatches). On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:31 AM, sharky wrote: > Hi! > > I'm using emacs to write LaTeX code, which means I have a lot of stuff > that looks like this: > > \section{Headline} > > Blah blah yada yada \textit{italic yada} and the yada yada \textbf > {bold yada} and then \myspecial{yada}. > > You get the picture. I wanna search and delete the enclosing thingy, > like so: > > \myspecial{yada} -----> yada > > Is there a way to do this in emacs? > > Please help! > > /Sharky >