On 02/10/2024 03:01, Sean Whitton wrote: > On Tue 01 Oct 2024 at 10:32pm +03, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > >> On 01/10/2024 05:38, Sean Whitton wrote: >>> Morgan, Dmitry, you have both posted WIP on this. Have you made any >>> progress? Are you interested in looking at it again? >> I haven't worked on it, sorry. >> >> If my old WIP looks useful, you're quite welcome to use it as a starting >> point. No need for attribution or anything like that. > Could you point me at that WIP, please? It's not posted to this bug and > I couldn't find it in my mail archives. Yeah, sorry about that. Here's the diff I have lying around from back then. Not sure how much it will help - the changes in log-view.el seems like an improvement (more generic approach), whereas the vc-git-modify-change-comment definition might be better in Morgan's patch (it /would/ be nice to be able to edit older commits, not just the most recent one).