all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rebox2
@ 2011-01-30  7:57 Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-01-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I don't know how many people use rebox.el.  A package by Francois Pinard.
 It's awesome.  You can put text into boxes.  Change boxing style easily.
 The predefined boxing styles system is well thought out.  New styles are
easily added.  It is awesome.  However, I never hear anyone talk about it.
 Maybe, it's because it takes some effort to actually figure out how to use
it, and it didn't handle some corner cases very well.

I've made rebox2, which adds some features, some styles, and hopefully has a
more intuitive interface.  I also added a minor mode (rebox-mode) makes
editing in boxes seamless.  I e-mailed Francois 2 months ago about
integrating my changes, and never heard anything back, so hopefully
releasing a fork is not bad etiquette.

github: https://github.com/lewang/rebox2

<https://github.com/lewang/rebox2>Youtube walk through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU

Emacs wiki: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/rebox2

--
Le

* Re: rebox2
       [not found] <mailman.8.1296374271.24158.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-01-30  8:46 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2011-01-30  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know how many people use rebox.el.  A package by Francois Pinard.  It's
> awesome.  You can put text into boxes.  Change boxing style easily.  The
> predefined boxing styles system is well thought out.  New styles are easily
> added.  It is awesome.  However, I never hear anyone talk about it.  Maybe, it's
> because it takes some effort to actually figure out how to use it, and it didn't
> handle some corner cases very well.
>
> I've made rebox2, which adds some features, some styles, and hopefully has a
> more intuitive interface.  I also added a minor mode (rebox-mode) makes editing
> in boxes seamless.  I e-mailed Francois 2 months ago about integrating my
> changes, and never heard anything back, so hopefully releasing a fork is not
> bad etiquette.
>
> github: https://github.com/lewang/rebox2
>
> Youtube walk through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU
>
> Emacs wiki: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/rebox2

Sounds interesting. I've used boxquote a bit, but had not heard of
rebox.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: rebox2
@ 2011-01-30 10:35   ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-01-30 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim X; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

> Sounds interesting. I've used boxquote a bit, but had not heard of
> rebox.

Boxquote is a style I added to rebox2.  Of course, now you get auto-fill and
seameless editing within boxquoted boxes as well.

@ 2011-01-30 17:55 ` rusi
       [not found]   ` <mailman.2.1296433043.9775.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: rusi @ 2011-01-30 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jan 30, 12:57 pm, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Youtube walk throughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU

Thanks -- neat show there [Will get bck after trying rebox2]
Meanwhile: May I ask -- what all is your screencasting infra-structure?

* Re: rebox2
@ 2011-01-31  0:17   ` Le Wang
       [not found]   ` <mailman.2.1296433043.9775.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Le Wang @ 2011-01-31  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rusi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:55 AM, rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 12:57 pm, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Youtube walk throughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU
>
> Thanks -- neat show there [Will get bck after trying rebox2]
> Meanwhile: May I ask -- what all is your screencasting infra-structure?

The bottom left command-log window is mwe-command-log.  Right window is
org-mode.  I started with emacs -Q, and  added rebox2 and filladapt package
dirs to load-path.  Recording happened in Camtasia on Vista.

I expect there to be lots of bugs, since interactive stuff tends to break
when used in different environments.  Feel free to contact me personally if
you spot an issue.

--
Le

* Re: rebox2
       [not found]   ` <mailman.2.1296433043.9775.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-01-31  2:39     ` rusi
From: rusi @ 2011-01-31  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jan 31, 5:17 am, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:55 AM, rusi <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 30, 12:57 pm, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Youtube walk throughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53YeTdVtDkU
>
> > Thanks -- neat show there [Will get bck after trying rebox2]
> > Meanwhile: May I ask -- what all is your screencasting infra-structure?
>
> The bottom left command-log window is mwe-command-log.  Right window is
> org-mode.  I started with emacs -Q, and  added rebox2 and filladapt package
> dirs to load-path.
> Recording happened in Camtasia on Vista.

Ahh! Camtasia!! ... Was hoping for something linux-y!