On 2016-09-02 19:59, Drew Adams wrote: >> > thus making their code likely faster. Users like faster programs. > The right way to _encourage_ programmers to use it is to > tell them precisely that: "Using LIMIT is recommended - it > typically results in faster code." > > Or "strongly recommended". Or "You're nuts if you omit LIMIT!" > Or whatever other positive or negative encouragement you think > might be most effective and appropriate. > > Telling them nothing about this and, instead, just showing a > false signature, does NOT help them. This sounds wrong. The signature change causes warnings on all uses that don't specify LIMIT. That's how I learnt about the change; I wouldn't have updated my code otherwise. So changing the advertised signature seems to help, if only due to the warning side-effect. Clément.