all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Bug reporting
  2007-01-08 15:14       ` Bug reporting (was: [lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se: compilation-previous-error fails if first error is at start of buffer]) Stefan Monnier
@ 2007-01-08 17:26         ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-01-08 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Nick Roberts, Jan Djärv, rms, emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I do not send bug report for the patched version, of course. (And I have
>> tried to make it clear on download page on my site that you should use the
>> unpatched version for bug reports.)
>
> The recommendation should *always* be to do M-x report-emacs-bug.
> And make sure that the patched version changes report-emacs-bug-address and
> report-emacs-bug-pretest-address to your own address.

Yes, that is a good way to do it. Less to remember for the users.

And then perhaps include some text that makes the situation clear.
Something about "try the unpatched version bla bla ....".

I will change this as soon as I get time.

* bug reporting
@ 2008-03-01 20:41 Benjamin Dreux
From: Benjamin Dreux @ 2008-03-01 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Hi i'm a emacs22 user. I really appreciate it.
Like i say in the titile i found a bug in the parentheses matching. I'm
coding into c++ and i worte that:
bool flotte::continuer()
{
  return nbBateau[5]>nbBateau[6];
}

If you try it you will see that the > thake the place of the }.

In the hope that could help you.
Thanks a lot for the fsf work.
Benjamin DREUX

* Re: bug reporting
@ 2008-03-05 21:09 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-03-05 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

"Benjamin Dreux" <benjiiiiii@gmail.com> writes:

> Like i say in the titile i found a bug in the parentheses
> matching. I'm coding into c++ and i worte that:
>
> bool flotte::continuer()
> {
>   return nbBateau[5]>nbBateau[6];
> }
>
> If you try it you will see that the > thake the place of the }.

I can't reproduce this.  Could you give a more precise recipe?

* Re: bug reporting
@ 2008-03-16 14:07 ` martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2008-03-16 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Dreux; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> bool flotte::continuer()
> {
>   return nbBateau[5]>nbBateau[6];
> }

Could you please move the cursor immediately before the > type

M-x: describe-char RET

and post here what Emacs tells you.