all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#52707: Log4j Shell Vulnerability
@ 2021-12-21 15:21 Terry,Samantha
From: Terry,Samantha @ 2021-12-21 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 52707

I'm sure you are well aware of the vulnerability with Log4j.  We are needing to determine if the application Emacs is vulnerable.  If so, do you plan on creating a patch or have a plan to patch?

Sam Terry
Research/Willow/Beacon/Therapy Plans - IT Manager
Sanford Health Technology Solutions
Route: 5012| O: 605.328.7310

[cid:image001.png@01D7F64C.2A05F5A0]

privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.

[-- Attachment #2: image001.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 11187 bytes --]

* bug#52707: Log4j Shell Vulnerability
@ 2021-12-21 16:47 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-12-21 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Terry,Samantha; +Cc: 52707

> From: "Terry,Samantha" <Samantha.Terry@SanfordHealth.org>
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:21:42 +0000
>
> I’m sure you are well aware of the vulnerability with Log4j.  We are needing to determine if the application
> Emacs is vulnerable.  If so, do you plan on creating a patch or have a plan to patch?

What does Log4j have to do with Emacs?

* bug#52707: Log4j Shell Vulnerability
@ 2021-12-21 17:02 ` Daniel Martín via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Daniel Martín via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2021-12-21 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Terry,Samantha; +Cc: 52707

"Terry,Samantha" <Samantha.Terry@SanfordHealth.org> writes:

> I'm sure you are well aware of the vulnerability with Log4j.  We are
> needing to determine if the application Emacs is vulnerable.  If so,
> do you plan on creating a patch or have a plan to patch?

I've grepped for "log4j" in the Emacs repository and it didn't return
any results, so I'd say Emacs is not vulnerable.

* bug#52707: Log4j Shell Vulnerability
@ 2021-12-21 17:49 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2021-12-21 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Terry, Samantha, 52707-done

On 21.12.2021 18:21, Terry,Samantha wrote:
> I’m sure you are well aware of the vulnerability with Log4j.  We are
> needing to determine if the application Emacs is vulnerable.

It does not. Emacs doesn't use Java in its implementation, nor JVM itself.