Okay. So I noticed that even though Emacs was running, the native compiler was segfaulting in the background. So I recompiled Emacs with GCC and no optimizations nor patches and I still see that native compilation is segfaulting on org-element.el. I have attached some verbose logs: https://0x0.st/HpjT.txt I don't know how to get a backtrace. If I run Emacs with GDB, libgccjit gives me a segfault in the *Async-native-compile-log* but Emacs itself does not segfault. Sincerely, StrawberryTea On Thu, Aug 31, 2023, at 2:24 AM, Andrea Corallo wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> From: StrawberryTea > >> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:38:55 -0500 > >> > >> > >> Hi. I just set up a fresh install of Gentoo with Clang as my default > >> compiler. At first, I was trying to compile Emacs with Clang and Emacs > >> was finding -lgccjit but not finding the libgccjit.h header file. So I > >> overwrote the compiler Emacs was using to GCC instead and now it > >> compiles but segfaults when native-compiling some Elisp files. > >> > >> Build log with Clang (configure error): https://bpa.st/ODFBK > >> Build log with GCC (segfault): https://0x0.st/Hpbz.txt > > > > First, you apply local patches to the Emacs tree, so you are compiling > > code that is not from our Git repository, but some variation of that. > > > > More importantly: it looks like you build Emacs with "-O3 -march=native", > > which are not the default compilation switches, and cause GCC to > > over-optimize the code. Please try again without those switches. > > > > If using the default compiler switches doesn't help, please run the > > crashing command under GDB, and when it segfaults, produce the > > C-level backtrace and post it here. > > > > Please also always post the build logs as plain text or attachments to > > your messages, instead of pointing to a URL that could some day go > > away, and thus years from now people will be unable to see the log by > > reading this discussion. > > > > Thanks. > > > > P.S. Adding Andrea. > > Agree on everything, from this far (and for whatever reason) looks like > the crash is in libgccjit. So its version might be relevant as well. > > Thanks > > Andrea >