all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff or emacs bug
@ 2009-08-11 22:18 Oscar Bonilla
From: Oscar Bonilla @ 2009-08-11 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I think I might have found a bug in either Emacs, or Ediff. I'm using

(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46) of
2009-08-05 on dirac.local"

(ediff-version)
"Ediff 2.81.2 of November 22, 2008"

I run M-x ediff-files and select two files. Then on the Ediff control
panel frame I press 'q' and I get

ediff-cleanup-mess: Attempt to delete minibuffer or sole ordinary window

in the *Messages* buffer. If in ediff-util.el.gz I remove the call to
(delete-window) on that function then it _appears_ to work, but I'm
sure that's not the right fix.

Furthermore, if I press '?' in that same Ediff Control Panel frame I
get another frame with the expanded help. Pressing '?' in that other
frame brings me back to the smaller frame (Ediff Control Panel) but
leaves the new expanded help frame around. This is different from the
behaviour on Linux/X11 where it only resizes the frame.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks,

-Oscar

P.S. I couldn't find how to subscribe to emacs-devel, so please CC me
on any replies.