all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* changind the iterator environment for display.
@ 2009-02-02 15:46 A. Soare
From: A. Soare @ 2009-02-02 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

How can I change the color of the display iteratively?

I want to display a line XXXXXXXYYYYYYYZZZZZZZUUUUUUUVVVVVVVWWWWWW

The first part XXXXXXX I want to colorize using the face A

The part YYYYYYYY with face B

and so on.

I tried so:

it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_A;
display_string (Str1, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);

it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_B;
display_string (Str2, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);

it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_C;
display_string (Str3, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);

and it does not changes the colors as I expect to.

One method would be to reset the iterator after every display, and it would work.

Could someone help me?

thanks in advance.

Ecoutez le dernier single de U2 "Get on your boots" sur http://musiline.voila.fr !

* Re: changind the iterator environment for display.
       [not found] <mailman.6526.1233589604.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-02-02 16:09 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2009-02-02 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"A. Soare" <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

> How can I change the color of the display iteratively?
>
> I want to display a line XXXXXXXYYYYYYYZZZZZZZUUUUUUUVVVVVVVWWWWWW
>
> The first part XXXXXXX I want to colorize using the face A
>
> The part YYYYYYYY with face B
>
> and so on.
>
> I tried so:
>
> it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_A;
> display_string (Str1, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);
>
> it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_B;
> display_string (Str2, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);
>
> it.base_face_id = it.face_id =  FACE_C;
> display_string (Str3, Qnil, Qnil, 0, 0, &it, 10, 0, 0, -1);

WTF?

> and it does not changes the colors as I expect to.
>
> One method would be to reset the iterator after every display, and it would work.
>
> Could someone help me?

put:

  (font-lock-add-keywords
   nil '(("\\(XXXXXXX\\)\\(YYYYYYY\\)\\(ZZZZZZZ\\)\\(UUUUUUU\\)\\(VVVVVVV\\)\\(WWWWWW\\)"
         (1 face-a)
         (2 face-b)
         (3 face-c)
         (4 face-d)
         (5 face-e)
         (6 face-f))))

in your ~/.emacs

You may substitute XXXXXXX by a regular expression matching any XXXXXXX, etc.
(and use the name of actual faces instead of face-a, etc.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__

* Re: changind the iterator environment for display.
@ 2009-02-02 16:36 A. Soare
From: A. Soare @ 2009-02-02 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

No, sorry, it is good what I did. I forgot to move BASIC_FACE_ID_SENTINEL on the last position, and that is why not all the fonts added by me were registered.