all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: MBR <mbr@arlsoft.com>
To: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Change terminology to better align users’ experience with modern GUIs
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 09:11:00 -0400	[thread overview]

I see this as the Emacs equivalent to the efforts to get the U.S. to
switch from the English system of measurement to the Metric system.  And
we all know how well that has gone.

Once a community has been using core terminology for an extended period
of time, the only way to change it is to completely replace the members
of the community.  And doing that would kill Emacs itself, which would
make the notion of changing the terminology irrelevant.

    Mark Rosenthal