On 18.07.2017 09:53, Paul Eggert wrote: > Andreas Röhler wrote: >> What would stop FSF to assist defending the authors rights? > > The FSF would not have standing. The authors would, but might not be > available. > >>> If you have assigned copyright to FSF, then FSF can sue that violator >>> and have a probability of winning and forcing them to either publish >>> their improvements under GPL, or stop distributing their derived work. >> >> >> Could you point me at some example? > > http://www.fsf.org/news/2009-05-cisco-settlement.html Thanks for the info. Seems I just dislike the idea of enforced freedom - it should expand by the example and beneficial results it provides. That way prefer licenses, which allow users to do the wrong thing.