all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* command-execute in .emacs file
@ 2012-06-10  0:49 fab
From: fab @ 2012-06-10  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!
I'm a beginner with lisp language and I'm trying to use Emacs with Speech
Dispatcher
and Festival (in English language).

This manual page [1] says how to remove the brltty symbol from the
list of active output drivers, using the interactive command:

> M-x speechd-out-disable-driver RET brltty RET

Now I'm tryng to customize my .emacs file, but if I use this form

> (command-execute 'speechd-out-disable-driver nil "brltty")

I obtain this error message:

> Wrong type argument: vectorp, brltty

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Fabio

[1] http://cvs.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd-el/speechd-el_9.html#SEC16
--
.
.

* Re: command-execute in .emacs file
@ 2012-06-10  4:42 ` =?utf-8?Q?=C3=93scar_Fuentes?=
From: =?utf-8?Q?=C3=93scar_Fuentes?= @ 2012-06-10  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: fab, help-gnu-emacs

fab <anto1945@infinito.it> writes:

> Hi all!
> I'm a beginner with lisp language and I'm trying to use Emacs with Speech
> Dispatcher
> and Festival (in English language).
>
> This manual page [1] says how to remove the brltty symbol from the
> list of active output drivers, using the interactive command:
>
>> M-x speechd-out-disable-driver RET brltty RET
>
> Now I'm tryng to customize my .emacs file, but if I use this form
>
>> (command-execute 'speechd-out-disable-driver nil "brltty")
>
> I obtain this error message:
>
>> Wrong type argument: vectorp, brltty
>
> Can anyone help me? Thanks!
>
> Fabio
>
> [1] http://cvs.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd-el/speechd-el_9.html#SEC16

Don't use command-execute for invoking a function, just call the
function directly.

From my interpretation of the function definition on

http://cvs.freebsoft.org/repository/speechd-el.moved-to-git/speechd-out.el?view=markup

it seems that speechd-out-disable-driver expects a symbol name
corresponding to the driver to be disabled. So try putting this on your
.emacs:

(speechd-out-disable-driver 'brltty)

* Re: command-execute in .emacs file
@ 2012-06-10  8:33 fab
From: fab @ 2012-06-10  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Óscar Fuentes, help-gnu-emacs

> From Óscar Fuentes

> So try putting this on your
> .emacs:
>
> (speechd-out-disable-driver 'brltty)

Thanks for your reply, but I obtain this error message:

> Wrong type argument: arrayp, (lambda nil (speechd-braille--create-manager
(function speechd-braille--display)))

Fabio

* Re: command-execute in .emacs file
       [not found] <mailman.2544.1339317204.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-06-10 21:11 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2012-06-10 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

fab <anto1945@infinito.it> writes:

> Thanks for your reply, but I obtain this error message:
>
> > Wrong type argument: arrayp, (lambda nil (speechd-braille--create-manager
> > (function speechd-braille--display)))

Looks a bit like a bug, although I wonder why you don't get an error
when doing this with M-x.

Looking at the message you get, I guess that you are not using the
latest version speechd-el-2.5.  In that case, can you please retry with
that version?

Michael.

* Re: command-execute in .emacs file
@ 2012-06-10 23:08 fab
From: fab @ 2012-06-10 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Óscar Fuentes, help-gnu-emacs

I solved the problem by myself.
I write the solution for those who read this thread:

"command-execute" function do not expects function parameters that replace
the text entered from the keyboard [1]. So I did NOT use it.

According to the documentation of speechd [2] I edited just the variable,
removing the brltty element from the list of drivers:

(setq speechd-out-active-drivers '(ssip));

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Interactive-Call.html
[2] http://cvs.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd-el/speechd-el_9.html#SEC16

Regards

Fabio

--
.
.

* Re: command-execute in .emacs file
@ 2012-06-11 12:24 fab
From: fab @ 2012-06-11 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Looking at the message you get, I guess that you are not using the
> latest version speechd-el-2.5.  In that case, can you please retry with
> that version?

I've got the error using speechd-el-2.4 (from Debian Wheezy)
and writing

(speechd-out-disable-driver 'brltty)

Actually, as you expected, using speechd-el-2.5-1 (from Debian Sid) this
error disappears...

Fabio