all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "B. T. Raven" <ecinmn@alcisp.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Simple function works in ver. 21.3 but not in 22.0
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:55:05 -0500	[thread overview]

B. T. Raven wrote:
> Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
>> Tassilo Horn wrote:
>>> Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Works for me with 22.0.96 on GNU/Linux, too.
>>

>> Works for me too on w32 with
>>
>>   GNU Emacs 22.0.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-03-21 (patched)
>>
>> Did you try starting with
>>
>>   emacs -Q
>>

> Thanks, Barry, Tassilo, and Lennart. No, emacs -Q didn't work either. I
> copied just the keybinding and function forms into *scratch* and
> evaluated them. C-h k etc. report them as loaded but they don't work. I
> noticed that the text ";; This buffer is for notes..." could be toggled
> to filled-unfilled with M-q and C-x M-q but not other text. Maybe it has
> to do with fontification or someething. Turnig of global fontification
> didn't help either though.
>
> Build is:
> This is GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1 (i386-mingw-windows98.2222)of 2007-01-26 on
> NEUTRINO

Sorry. False alarm. The fact that it worked on a comment in lisp interactive
mode was a clue. I use text mode more than 95% of the time so I didn't stop
to think how useless my function would be when I tested on randomly typed
strings in the context of *scratch*. As soon as I did M-x text-mode in
*scratch* the function worked of course, even on the lisp code.

Ed