On 2017-02-01 08:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 15:32:26 -0500 >> >> Is there a way to get a list of all overlays in a buffer, sorted by priority? > > I'm not sure I understand the request. Do you mean that the result of > this would be a list of overlays, where the first one is the overlay > of the highest priority _anywhere_ in the buffer, the next one of the > 2nd highest priority, possibly in an entirely different place in the > buffer, and so on -- i.e. completely disregarding the overlay > positions? Yup, that's what I mean. > That's a very strange order. Which job(s) need(s) such an > order, and why? I'm writing a function that copies overlay properties to text properties. I reimplemented compare_overlays in ELisp, but that seems brittle. Cheers, Clément.