all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs with git slow?
@ 2011-03-15 17:47 S Boucher
From: S Boucher @ 2011-03-15 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

finding and saving files (C-xC-f and C-xC-s) that are under git control is slow
on my system.

It's of the order of a second, which is terrible.

Anyone noticed this?

I see this slow response time even when I start emacs -nw -q.

Things are snappy with files not under git.

I haven't dug in the emacs git code yet, and am hoping I won't have to :-)

[parent not found: <mailman.7.1300211247.26153.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]