4 mars 2024 kl. 15.46 skrev Eli Zaretskii : > Do we need to say something about this change in NEWS? Yes, here is a complete patch. The cl-lib definition forms (cl-defun, cl-defsubst, cl-defmacro etc) are unaffected by the change as they don't have the dual-use doc-string problem. The doc-string mechanism change should be sound and safe. The warning is only an annoyance for people writing code like (defun my-constant-fun () "some-useful-string") which isn't common but not necessarily bad style either, which would be the main argument against the warning -- the programmer needs to add a doc string or `nil` before the string to silence the compiler. It's more common to see no-op functions like (defun my-no-op-fun () "This function is unfinished.") and here it's probably a good idea to make the programmer be more explicit about the return value.