On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Andreas Politz wrote: > henry atting wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I am searching a regexp for `replace-regexp' to remove only one LaTeX >> command. Let's say I want to remove all \textit{} commands but not the >> text within the braces, how can I do this? >> >> henry >> >> > \\textit{\([^}]*\)} -> \1 > > If you need to handle escaped brackets the regexp gets a little longer. > They can get impossibly longer. There is no way to get regexps to do this job in full. Your best bet is to use an utility called detex together with shell-command-on-region. detex is in the Debian package texlive-extra-utils, but can certainly be obtained directly. am