Nancy Wrote: > It only saves the original backup file, but no other changes when the file is edited subsequently. I have noticed that when I open a file for editing the file is copied to the backup file, as long as I keep editing the file no matter how many time I save it the backup file does not change. If I save the file and close it, then re-open it a new backup file is created. Could this be what happened on your system? -_ J_) C_)ingham . HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality Assurance . Austin, TX . "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public. . Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire." -Dr. George W. Crane-