all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE: syntax highlighting
@ 2003-01-28 16:02 Bingham, Jay
From: Bingham, Jay @ 2003-01-28 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:08 AM David Kastrup wrote

>It should probably be sufficient to start it with
>#!/bin/bash
>
>or so and then do revert-buffer or another means to reload the file.

Or you can just invoke shell script mode
M-x shell-script-mode<ret>

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-

* Re: syntax highlighting
@ 2015-03-16 17:39 Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2015-03-16 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: bjvilfan

Problem solved. Thanks a lot. Regards, bostjanv

* syntax highlighting
@ 2015-03-15 21:31 Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2015-03-15 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: bjvilfan

Hello,
I am using a derivative of modula2.el
(authors: Michael Schmidt <michael@pbinfo.UUCP>
Tom Perrine <Perrin@LOGICON.ARPA>),
which sets up the
modula2 mode, and I adapted it for the  Oberon2 language. However,
I have a problem with syntax highlighting, and since I do not
know a lot about the font lock mode, I wonder if someone can
give me a quick hint regarding the following problem:

I would like to highlight Oberon2 comments, which start with "(*",
and end with "*)". Comments can also be recursive;
i.e., a comment can look like this:

(* bla bla (* bla bla bla *) bla bla *)

The way modula2.el is written (or, actually, my derived .el file), the
last "bla bla" string is not highlighted. What needs to be done to
fix this? Apparently, as things stand now highlighting is turned off
as soon as "*)" is encountered. Probably one needs to keep a count of
unmatched "(*" strings, and turn highlighting off only when this
count reaches 0. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
bostjanv

* syntax highlighting
@ 2014-11-16  1:40 mzp3769
From: mzp3769 @ 2014-11-16  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Every time I upgrade to higher emacs I have the same problem - syntax highlighting and the previous command in .emacs does not work.
How to turn this option off in 24.4.1 ?

Thanks,
Mark

* syntax highlighting
@ 2003-01-28 12:42 Paul O'Donnell
From: Paul O'Donnell @ 2003-01-28 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I am a little confused about syntax highlighting in emacs. When I open a file
with *.c or *.html extensions and syntax highlighting is turned on I get the
appropriate syntax highlighting.

But what about bash script files? I managed to get the syntax highlighting to
work when the file extension is *.sh, which is nice, but what if it does not
have an *.sh extension? Not all scipt files have this extension.

For example, when I opened the file /home/paul/.bash_profile I got syntax
highlighting. It does not have an *.sh extension, so how does emacs know which
syntax highlighting to use? When I try to create my own scipts without naming
the file *.sh I don't get highlighting. How can I get this highlighting for such
a file?

I am a complete beginner with emacs so don't be afraid to insult me by pointing
out the obvious. Nothing is obvious to me.

Paul

* syntax highlighting
@ 2002-11-20 22:26 Michael Mossey
From: Michael Mossey @ 2002-11-20 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I change the colors that Emacs uses for syntax highlighting?
In particular, while editing Python, my string literals are in a
very faint orange that isn't quite legible to me--I'd like to change
it to a darker color.

thanks,
Mike