all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE: microsoft and emacs control and escape  (noch ein Versuch...)
@ 2002-09-13 17:08 Bingham, Jay
From: Bingham, Jay @ 2002-09-13 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might try posting the question to the Windoze emacs list help-emacs-windows@gnu.org.  Although there are some people who belong to both lists (a few of whom believe that they should post everything to both lists regardless of the whether the question/response pertains to emacs in general or emacs on windoze, but I digress), I don't think that everyone who is on that list is on this one as well.  You might get a better response from that list.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Product Assurance
.    Office: 2166                Phone: 8945
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.          -Dr. George W. Crane-

From: Di Boru @ 2002-09-08  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: diboru2

Hi - I send this message already twice ...some time
ago and wondert
that there was no response at all.... than finally,
after looking in the
archive, I saw that both are unreadable....

In short I wanted to know, if it is possible to
customize
Microsoft XP in a way, that it understands Emacs
control and
escape sequences like

C-a beginning-of-line
C-b backward-char
C-e end-of-line
C-f forward-char

and so on.....

Here my original message:

Hi all you happy unix users,

after using unix and emacs for about 15 years I
finally find myself
sitting in front of a Windows-XP system beeing most
fascinated by all the
interesting effects my unconscious use of emacs
control and escape
sequences is creating [:(] !!!

Is there any help (I am currently thinking about
switching to the handwriting
input method in order to fasten up at least a bit,

I am already using Meadow (Mule / Multi Language
Enhanced Emacs
for Windows) and cygwin (a bash shell for windows) but
there are still
all those other programs....

Thanks a lot (never giving up hope) - Dietrich

http://finance.yahoo.com