On Sep 18, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Adrian Robert wrote: > David, can you explain the second part of your patch? Just > including the first part fixes the bug for me. Is the change to the > if test in the second part meant to handle a problematic case that > slips through as the result of the first part? It seems to make no > difference. In particular, there is still flickering either way if > you try to select the mouse-highlighted text. I can't recall the details after 3+ months, but judging from the code I think the second change doesn't make a difference unless window can be Qnil, and I guess it can't. Note: the patch is not a fix. Just a way to demonstrate one source of flicker.