all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Prefix key to send next keypress to terminal (reverse escaping)
@ 2015-07-28 17:59 R. Diez
From: R. Diez @ 2015-07-28 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hallo all:

I am using multi-term to open shells inside emacs, and I have noticed that the terminal escape character is C-c (see term-set-escape-char).

However, I want the escape character to work the other way around. I mean, all normal emacs key bindings should remain active, and, if I want to pass a particular keypress combination to the child process in the terminal, I would like to press a prefix key first (like C-c, or maybe something else), and then anything that I press afterwards (perhaps including M-x) goes to the terminal, bypassing the normal emacs key bindings.

Is there a way I can achieve this? I am not a Lisp or emacs guru, I haven't found any hints on this subject.

Please copy me on any replies, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Many thanks in advance,
    rdiez

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-07-28 17:59 UTC | newest]