Göktuğ Kayaalp wrote: > I'm rather > uninitiated about the conventions regarding that file, so please warn me > if anything's wrong It's helpful to use 'git format-patch' to prepare patches, and to prepare ChangeLog entries in the style suggested in the CONTRIBUTE file. Also, I think some of the checking can be done at variable-setting time rather than at run-time. How about the attached patches instead? The first one is yours with a ChangeLog entry; the second one contains some proposed minor fixups. You can apply these patches to a fresh checkout from 'master' by using the command 'git am'.