all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* AucTex auto-completion
@ 2010-05-20 15:41 Jan Guido Donath
       [not found] ` <87r5l0ml6s.fsf@usenet.my.skamphausen.de>
From: Jan Guido Donath @ 2010-05-20 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

whenever I want to insert a graphics, I type

C-m \includeg <TAB> foo <RET>

After that, Emacs asks for the "Figure width (cm)". Here, I almost always
type \linewidth. Unfortunately, there is no auto-completion at this
point. If I type

\li <TAB>

I get the following error:

Symbol's function definition is void: comint-dynamic-complete

I assume, I have do define a set of variables, Emacs should expand to if
possible, but I dont really know how and where.

Greetings,

Guido
--
Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7, 8, 9!

* Re: AucTex auto-completion
       [not found] ` <87r5l0ml6s.fsf@usenet.my.skamphausen.de>
@ 2010-05-25 15:16   ` Jan Guido Donath
From: Jan Guido Donath @ 2010-05-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Stefan Kamphausen schrieb:

>> After that, Emacs asks for the "Figure width (cm)". Here, I almost always
>> type \linewidth. Unfortunately, there is no auto-completion at this
>> point.
>
> not the real solution but a work-around: Use dabbrev at that point.  By
> default it is bound to M-/ and it searches all your open buffers for the
> string at point, even if point is in the minibuffer.  So, if you got one
> buffer open which already contains "\linewidth" completion will work.

Cool. Thank you very much. However, an explanation of that strange
behavior concerning TAB-completion would be interesting, too.

Greetings,

Guido

--
Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7, 8, 9!