Hi all, I have a package (quick-peek) that writes code like the following to display thin lines: (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "*test*") (insert "test\ntest\ntest") (let ((ov (make-overlay 1 6)) (str (propertize "\n" 'face '(:height 1 :background "#edd400")))) (overlay-put ov 'after-string str)) (pop-to-buffer (current-buffer))) With display-line-numbers-mode, however, the thin line to be a full character tall. I have attached screenshots. Is there a workaround for this issue? More generally, is there a way to prevent line numbers from affecting the height of the corresponding line? For example in compact-docstrings I shrink blank lines in documentation strings to half their usual height, but enabling display-line-numbers-mode stretches those lines back to regular height. Thanks, Clément.