My suspicion was wrong, the binding doesn't change anything. I just said that by looking at the comment, but didn't try. Sorry about that. However, (defun erc-scroll-to-bottom (window display-start) nil) removes the bug. The bug should be reproducable with emacs -Q, the ibuffer configuration lines I gave in the first bug report, and scroll-to-bottom mode on. I'm using latest CVS, the bug also happens with a build from july. Best of luck Antoine 2008/9/5 John Paul Wallington > > Hi, > > Hi Antoine, > > > I did some testing, and the bug was not in tracker as I suspected, it's > in > > scrolltobottom, in erc-goodies.el. This should be much easier for you to > > debug: it's only a few lines long. I strongly suspect the part following > > this comment is responsible : > > ;; Temporarily bind resize-mini-windows to nil so that users who > have > > it > > ;; set to a non-nil value will not suffer from premature minibuffer > > ;; shrinkage due to the below recenter call. I have no idea why > this > > ;; works, but it solves the problem, and has no negative side > effects. > > ;; (Fran Litterio, 2003/01/07) > > > > Looks like it does have side effects after all :-) > > Sorry, I'm having difficulties reproducing the bug. > > Could you try getting rid of the code that binds > `resize-mini-windows', perhaps using the function below, and test > whether your suspicion is correct? > > > (defun erc-scroll-to-bottom (window display-start) > "Changed to see whether not let binding `resize-mini-windows' to nil > doesn't cause the bug." > (if (window-live-p window) > (erc-with-selected-window window > (save-restriction > (widen) > (when (and erc-insert-marker > ;; we're editing a line. Scroll. > (> (point) erc-insert-marker)) > (save-excursion > (goto-char (point-max)) > (recenter (or erc-input-line-position -1)) > (sit-for 0))))))) >