all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fn key to be Control key
@ 2009-12-08 23:53 Will Willis
From: Will Willis @ 2009-12-08 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

how would I map the function key (labeled "fn" on my MacBook) to the control
key?

On this keyboard fn is the left-bottom most key, and I'm ALWAYS hitting it
instead of Ctrl. I want to create a function that will toggle the function
key as the control key. I want to be able to toggle back and forth as I
usually use a wired keyboard on my laptop (at home) and seldom use the
builtin keyboard (away)

TIA

-Will

* Re: Fn key to be Control key
@ 2009-12-09  9:17 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-12-09  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Willis; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 09.12.2009 um 00:53 schrieb Will Willis:

> how would I map the function key (labeled "fn" on my MacBook) to the
> control
> key?

Mac OS X allows this change via a standard preference pane. Some
Emacsen for Mac OS X have their own means. These are documented.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Klingons do not believe in indentation - except perhaps in the skulls
of their project managers."

* Re: Fn key to be Control key
@ 2009-12-11  1:03   ` Will Willis
From: Will Willis @ 2009-12-11  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)