all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Version Control Log window destroys all frames on exit
@ 2009-08-25  1:09 Will Willis
From: Will Willis @ 2009-08-25  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Whenever I check in a file (with subversion), VC mode opens up a temporary
buffer for me to leave a checkin message. I generally have a frame or two
already open. VC mode will take a frame (I'm ok with that) but after I
commit the message (C-c C-c) I'm left with one buffer in the window - the
file that VC mode was checking in.
I'd prefer to have all my frames still in tact after checking in the file.
Is this possible?

-Will

* Re: Version Control Log window destroys all frames on exit
@ 2009-08-27  1:36 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2009-08-27  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Will Willis wrote:
> Whenever I check in a file (with subversion), VC mode opens up a
> temporary buffer for me to leave a checkin message. I generally have a
> frame or two already open. VC mode will take a frame (I'm ok with that)
> but after I commit the message (C-c C-c) I'm left with one buffer in the
> window - the file that VC mode was checking in.
>
> I'd prefer to have all my frames still in tact after checking in the
> file. Is this possible?

Give the *VC-log* buffer its own frame (which C-c C-c will delete):

(setq special-display-buffer-names
       (cons "*VC-log*" special-display-buffer-names))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

* Re: Version Control Log window destroys all frames on exit
@ 2009-08-27  2:10   ` Will Willis
From: Will Willis @ 2009-08-27  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Rodgers, help-gnu-emacs