This is great!! Thanks so much. My window arrangements stay in tact and the few popup frame works like a charm. Seriously, this is great. One thing I noticed is that if I only have one buffer showing, after I C-c C-c in the popup, the popup disappears then my single window is split vertically into two (ala C-x 2). On odd behavior , but one I can live with. Thanks again for the help!! This has made my day. On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Kevin Rodgers wrote: > Will Willis wrote: > >> Whenever I check in a file (with subversion), VC mode opens up a temporary >> buffer for me to leave a checkin message. I generally have a frame or two >> already open. VC mode will take a frame (I'm ok with that) but after I >> commit the message (C-c C-c) I'm left with one buffer in the window - the >> file that VC mode was checking in. >> >> I'd prefer to have all my frames still in tact after checking in the file. >> Is this possible? >> > > Give the *VC-log* buffer its own frame (which C-c C-c will delete): > > (setq special-display-buffer-names > (cons "*VC-log*" special-display-buffer-names)) > > -- > Kevin Rodgers > Denver, Colorado, USA > > > >