all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* dvc + bzr
@ 2008-05-18  4:08 knubee
       [not found] ` <mailman.11801.1211145261.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: knubee @ 2008-05-18  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am starting to use bazaar under dvc and have a couple of questions:

- Sometimes I want to selectively add only a few files in a directory.
However, if I mark those files in dired and then invoke bzr-add it
does not automagically assume I want to add the marked files. Is there
a straight-forward way to do this?

- Does dvc or bzr-dvc have an equivalent of "bzr commit"?

thanks, k

* Re: dvc + bzr
@ 2008-05-18 21:18 ` Thierry Volpiatto
       [not found] ` <mailman.11801.1211145261.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-05-18 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: knubee; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

knubee <knubee@gmail.com> writes:

> I am starting to use bazaar under dvc and have a couple of questions:
>
> - Sometimes I want to selectively add only a few files in a directory.
> However, if I mark those files in dired and then invoke bzr-add it
> does not automagically assume I want to add the marked files. Is there
> a straight-forward way to do this?
>
> - Does dvc or bzr-dvc have an equivalent of "bzr commit"?
>
> thanks, k

You have to use dvc-status ==> C-x V S
Then use "a" to add your file
Then "c" to commit.
You can also launch dvc-status from dvc-bookmarks (C-x V b) with "s"

Note:
For dvc, you can post at gmane.emacs.dvc.devel
--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu

* Re: dvc + bzr
       [not found] ` <mailman.11801.1211145261.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-05-19  1:03   ` knubee
From: knubee @ 2008-05-19  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thanks for the quick "how to" -- and the pointer to the dvc
development list.