Thanks to Jeff and Pete! Both method work well. Usually I try some codes in *scratch* buffer by "C-x C-e". However, I come to elisp just a few weeks, I know little about this language, and am often obsessed with the backtrace. It is very lucky to have a comprehensive references/docs/codes, and an active mail-group. 2009/6/9 Peter Dyballa > > Am 09.06.2009 um 04:04 schrieb Edmond Halley: > > (local-set-key [C-TAB] 'indent-relative) >> > > > This is close, you just need to write "tab" in lower-case letters. > > Have you learned that you can "test" Elisp statements in the *scratch* > buffer? You can also try them interactively in mini-buffer and upon success > find this command with C-x Esc Esc (and then cursor up if necessary). > > -- > Greetings > > Pete > > Specifications are for the weak and timid! > > > >