all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem loading site-start after changing to emacs-22.1
@ 2007-12-07 14:21 gw
       [not found] ` <mailman.4755.1197111813.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: gw @ 2007-12-07 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I've been using emacs 21.3 for a long time under Win NT and now I have
emacs-22.1 under Win XP.

Changing the OS from NT to XP caused Emacs 21.3 to start and load site-
start.el correctly,
but a message from Windows about blocked functions appears.

Changing Emacs from 21.3 to 22.1 caused site-start.el not to work.
I've minimized site-start.el so that only printer-name is set up.
Still no
success and no error message, even when started with -debug-init.

Emacs is located on a network path, which is mapped as a DOS drive.

Currently I've copied site-start.el to my local computer, but this is
not satisfying.

Quite pobably it is some restriction from the network. Can anyone help
with this?

regards
Guenter