all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Avoiding selection in quail
@ 2019-06-29 17:36 Douglas Lewan
From: Douglas Lewan @ 2019-06-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'd like to add "|N" --> "ℕ" (among a few others) to latin-1-prefix:

(with-temp-buffer
   (set-input-method 'latin-1-prefix)
   (quail-defrule "|N" "̱ℕ")
   ...))

When I type "|N" quail gives me a list to choose from. I know that in
previous lives that hasn't happened. Can someone help my understand what
I'm doing wrong?

I'm running emacs 24.5 on Debian 9.4.0. (My first thought was that
Debian might have messed with something related, but I've gone through
the Debian-specific emacs lisp, but I didn't find anything.)

Thanks.

--
,Doug