all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Sébastien Kirche" <sebastien.kirche@sage.com>
Subject: emacs (un)stability under osx 10.3
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:58:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Emacs gurus,

I have switched from OSX Jaguar 10.2.8 to Panther 10.3.2 on january and
found that emacs is far less stable than formerly.

Until the savannah hack, i used to check out cvs regularly and i did
not remarked significant crash situations.
Now i can only check out from home, so i only used under 10.3.3 a build
of 28/12/2003 and another one fresh one today (with image support and 3
button mouse patches).
Both of them seems to crash quite often. So i don't think it is
relative to some code changes but rather to the platform.

My main use of Emacs at work with mac if for Gnus (5.10.6) and for
little text file edition.
Emacs seems to crash quite often with Gnus (not always for same
reason), but I guess it might not be relative to only Gnus.

I am not finding me strong enough to debug emacs by myself, but i would
be glad if i can help some stronger mac developper for example by
giving my crash logs (from "console" app).

Let me know if someone is interested by my emacs crash log that i did
not attached, as it is now 2000 lines long since panther upgrade...

Regards,
Sébastien Kirche