all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Binding C-m and RETURN seperately
@ 2010-04-12 20:07 Nathaniel Flath
From: Nathaniel Flath @ 2010-04-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,
Is there a way to bind C-m and return to different keybindings?

Thanks,
Nathaniel Flath

* Re: Binding C-m and RETURN seperately
@ 2010-04-12 20:18 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-04-12 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathaniel Flath; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 12.04.2010 um 22:07 schrieb Nathaniel Flath:

> Is there a way to bind C-m and return to different keybindings?

Yes, of course. The input events just need to be distinguishable for
GNU Emacs.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on
top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of
things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible
concentration.
				– Donald Knuth

* Re: Binding C-m and RETURN seperately
@ 2010-04-12 20:34   ` Nathaniel Flath
From: Nathaniel Flath @ 2010-04-12 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I don't quite understand what this means - I have
(global-define-key (kbd "C-m") 'execute-extended-command)
but it also binds RETURN.  How do I make the input events distinguishable?
I'm not running emacs in a terminal.

Thank,s
Nathaniel Flath

@ 2010-04-12 20:54     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-04-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:34:59 -0700
> From: Nathaniel Flath <flat0103@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> I don't quite understand what this means - I have
> (global-define-key (kbd "C-m") 'execute-extended-command)
> but it also binds RETURN.  How do I make the input events distinguishable?

Use [return].

* RE: Binding C-m and RETURN seperately
@ 2010-04-12 21:03     ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-04-12 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)