all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Michael Norrish via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
To: "Gerd Möllmann" <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com>
Cc: "58328@debbugs.gnu.org" <58328@debbugs.gnu.org>
Subject: bug#58328: 28.2; can't select MacOS "System Font" using set-fontset-font
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 23:03:07 +0000	[thread overview]

As per the exchange at

  https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/431620/how-to-determine-which-font-is-being-used-to-render-a-specific-character-in-term

I am able to paste the subscripts into TextEdit, and when I move my cursor to the relevant character, it tells me that I'm using something called "System Font".

Michael

On 6/10/2022, 19:44, "Gerd Möllmann" <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> wrote:

    Michael Norrish <u4087502@anu.edu.au> writes:

    > After starting with emacs -q, I paste the following into my *scratch* buffer:
    >
    > ;; ; superscripts and subscripts: ¹²³⁴⁵⁶⁷⁸⁹⁰ ₁₂₃₄₅₆₇₈₉₀ ₘₙₚᵣₛₜₜ
    > (set-fontset-font t '(#x2070 . #x209C) "System Font" nil 'prepend)

    There is no font named "System Font" on my Mac.  You can use Font Book
    to see what fonts you have.  Does it work with one of the fonts shown in
    Font Book?