all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ssh in shell-mode
@ 2003-10-08  7:51 Joerg Schuster
From: Joerg Schuster @ 2003-10-08  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to use ssh in shell mode without having my password
printed on the screen. Is there a possibility to do this? (I know
that eshell uses to hide passwords, but I do not use eshell for other
reasons.)

Jörg

* RE: ssh in shell-mode
@ 2003-10-08  8:39 Victor Kirk
From: Victor Kirk @ 2003-10-08  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I would like to use ssh in shell mode without having my password
> printed on the screen. Is there a possibility to do this? (I know
> that eshell uses to hide passwords, but I do not use eshell for other
> reasons.)

M-x send-invisible

Regards,

Vic
--
Victor Kirk
Analyst

* Re: ssh in shell-mode
       [not found] <mailman.1309.1065602165.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-08  8:52 ` Joerg Schuster
From: Joerg Schuster @ 2003-10-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Kirk <Victor.Kirk@serco.com> writes:

> M-x send-invisible

Great! Thank you.

Jörg

* Re: ssh in shell-mode
@ 2003-10-08 15:47 ` Piet van Oostrum
From: Piet van Oostrum @ 2003-10-08 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS> Hello,
JS> I would like to use ssh in shell mode without having my password
JS> printed on the screen. Is there a possibility to do this? (I know
JS> that eshell uses to hide passwords, but I do not use eshell for other
JS> reasons.)

(add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions 'comint-watch-for-password-prompt)

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl