all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 21:14 Craig
From: Craig @ 2009-06-01 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

What does this error mean?

("emacs" "--debugg")
No /etc/mailname. Reverting to default...

An error has occurred while loading `/home/perlsyntax/.emacs':

File error: Cannot open load file, template

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
command-line-1: Unknown option `--debugg'

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 21:20 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2009-06-01 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Craig', help-gnu-emacs

> What does this error mean?
>
> An error has occurred while loading `/home/perlsyntax/.emacs':
> File error: Cannot open load file, template

Your init file loads `/home/perlsyntax/.emacs'. That file tries to load a file
called `template'. There is no file named `template' in your `load-path'.

> command-line-1: Unknown option `--debugg'

You ran `emacs --debugg'. You should have run `emacs --debug-init', as suggested
in the message. That will give you a backtrace.

> Start Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete
> error backtrace.

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 21:28 Craig
From: Craig @ 2009-06-01 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, Drew Adams

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "template")
  require(template)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 75
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/perlsyntax/.emacs" "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)
  #[nil "\bพ

> > File error: Cannot open load file, template
>
> Your init file loads `/home/perlsyntax/.emacs'. That file
> tries to load a file
> called `template'. There is no file named `template' in
> your `load-path'.
>
> > command-line-1: Unknown option `--debugg'
>
> You ran `emacs --debugg'. You should have run `emacs
> --debug-init', as suggested
> in the message. That will give you a backtrace.
>
> > Start Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a
> complete
> > error backtrace.

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 21:36 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2009-06-01 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Craig', help-gnu-emacs

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load
> file" "template")
>   require(template)
>   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs"
> nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 75
>   load-with-code-conversion("/home/perlsyntax/.emacs"
> "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs" t t)
>   load("~/.emacs" t t)
>   #[nil "\b?

And your question is?

At position 75 in file ~/.emacs, you apparently have (require 'template). And
you have no file template.el or template.elc in your `load-path'.

And your question is?

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 21:49 Craig
From: Craig @ 2009-06-01 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, Drew Adams

How do i do that in my path?

> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open
> load
> > file" "template")
> >   require(template)
> >   eval-buffer(#<buffer
> *load*> nil "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs"
> > nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 75
> >   load-with-code-conversion("/home/perlsyntax/.emacs"
>
> > "/home/perlsyntax/.emacs" t t)
> >   load("~/.emacs" t t)
> >   #[nil "?
>
> And your question is?
>
> At position 75 in file ~/.emacs, you apparently have
> (require 'template). And
> you have no file template.el or template.elc in your
> `load-path'.
>
> And your question is?

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-01 22:04 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2009-06-01 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Craig', help-gnu-emacs

> How do i do that in my path?

One way: Use command-line option -L DIR. Example: emacs -L /my/directory/,
assuming /my/directory/ contains file template.el.

Another way: Augment variable `load-path' in your .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/my/directory/")

Another way: Set environment variable EMACSLOADPATH, so it includes (e.g. starts
with) "/my/directory/".

Read the Emacs manual in Info, the manuals browser, within Emacs: `C-h i'
(that's Control-h, then i), then choose the Emacs manual. Then `i' to look
something up in the index, or `C-s' repeatedly to search for something. Start
with `g Init File', which takes you to node Init File.

If how to use the manual seems unclear, then start with the Info manual, not the
Emacs manual: Hit `h' in Info.

* RE: perlnow.el prob
@ 2009-06-02 13:30 Craig
From: Craig @ 2009-06-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, Drew Adams

I been try this comand and i get no match for some reason any ideas?

http://obsidianrook.com/perlnow/code/perlnow.el