all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Russ P." <russ.paielli@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: setting font size
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:21:52 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Nov 2, 2:54 pm, des...@verizon.net wrote:
> "Russ P." <russ.paie...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Nov 1, 6:50 pm, Jason Rumney <jasonrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Nov 2, 2:33 am, "Russ P." <russ.paie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Here is another little thing that bothers me about Emacs, and this one
> > is probably my own little pecadillo. XEmacs has a nice little pull-
> > down menu item for setting the font size directly. Emacs apparently
> > does not have that, so I have to sit and try to guess how to do it. I
> > knew a few weeks ago, but I forgot. But the point is, why should I
> > have to remember? Why not just make it simple, as in XEmacs?
>
> Options->Set Default Font.
>
> You can pick the Font, Style and Size.

Whoops! I don't know how I missed that!

I'm still a bit confused. If I understand it correctly, I need to
select both a font and a size. Is there a simple way to just change
the size of the existing font without having to select it in the list?
It seems that there should be. Or it should come up on the current
font automatically, but it doesn't seem to do that as far as I can
tell.

Russ P.