all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Unix, tex, colors and emacs !
@ 2006-10-24 14:00 Stylath
From: Stylath @ 2006-10-24 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am under Unix  and I am using emacs to write my tex files. I see no option
to highlight my text, under linux a formula between $ $ was in red for
instance. Here nothing. I type in black and white.

Is there any option or script that I could use to fix that? I did not find
anything on the net.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

* Re: Unix, tex, colors and emacs !
@ 2006-10-24 14:46 ` Philipp
From: Philipp @ 2006-10-24 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you turn font-lock-mode on? You can do that via

M-x font-lock-mode

If you want to turn it on by default, add the line

(global-font-lock-mode t)
to your ~/.emacs file.

Stylath wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am under Unix  and I am using emacs to write my tex files. I see no
> option to highlight my text, under linux a formula between $ $ was in red
> for instance. Here nothing. I type in black and white.
>
> Is there any option or script that I could use to fix that? I did not find
> anything on the net.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Best regards

* Re: Unix, tex, colors and emacs !