On 8/27/20 11:31 AM, Mattias EngdegÄrd wrote: > No doubt the change (14fb657ba82) is fine in isolation, but now if Emacs is started from $HOME/somedir and I do find-file, the minibuffer prompt is "/home/mattias/somedir/" instead of "~/somedir/" which does not seem to be an improvement. > > Worse, if cwd is $HOME, the minibuffer prompt becomes "~" instead of "~/" which is inconvenient since that slash has to be typed explicitly. Thanks for reporting that. Sigh, too often when I fix one bug in expand-file-name I introduce another. I installed the attached patch to fix this bug (I and I hope it doesn't introduce yet another :-).