all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Loss of auctex functionality
@ 2009-05-14  4:24 Sam Albers
From: Sam Albers @ 2009-05-14  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Emacs List,

Until I messed up my site-lisp directory, I conveniently had a LaTeX drop
down menu within emacs. I didn't really use it that much it did provide me a
list of keystrokes that were useful when working with a latex document. Now
only a TeX drop down menu appears. I used to be able to run C-c C-c and then
type LaTeX to compile my document. Now when I do this I am taken to a
windows that looks exactly like my terminal instead of LaTeXing my document
automatically. Other AucTex commands don't seem to work well either.

C-c C-e should allow me to insert an environment but all it does it end the
environment I am in whereas previously I call insert a new environment of my
choice.

My /usr/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp directory is empty through a silly move
by yours truly. I am using Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks!

Sam

Sam Albers